Granddaughter Katie greeted us warmly upon our arrival as she announced, "Grandma and Grandpa are here!" I was doubly pleased when she scootched herself right next to me on the family room couch and stayed there until her parents sent her off to bed.
Our principal purpose in going to Mesa this weekend was our son Mike's ordination to the office of high priest. He had been called by his stake presidency to serve as secretary to the high priests group in his ward, and had asked me to ordain him. So I did ... just before sacrament meeting. Thank you, Mike, for the privilege. It was a very special occasion for me. During priesthood meeting, I stood in the circle as Mike was set apart to his new calling.
We also did lots of other things while we were in town. We ate Belgian waffles for breakfast on Saturday morning. In the afternoon, we picked up Jacob and Hannah Hixon and took them with us to see Bronson in the role of Artful Dodger in Mesa's Young Actors' Theater. He was splendid! Then we hied ourselves to Amy's house for a nice fried chicken dinner cooked for us by a lady who also wanted to sell us some waterless cookware. We didn't buy any. I thought it was an enjoyable evening anyway.
On Sunday morning, Mike and Marilee gave us a tour of the house they hope to buy. It is under construction, but that didn't dampen their excitement. Both Bronson and Brennen gave talks at Church: Bronson in sacrament meeting; Brennen in Primary. Mike and I helped Bronson's bishop set him apart as president of his deacon's quorum. My favorite part, however, was having 10-year old Brittany's head on my shoulder during most of sacrament meeting. We had a fine steak dinner at Mike and Marilee's afterward.
Back at Sara's late Sunday night, I enjoyed sharing some of my i-Tunes playlists with Brian and Sara. And I danced with my sweetheart!
On Monday, I was invited to a chick lunch with Maureen, Amy, Sara, Rachel, Marilee, and Kristi (Baker) to celebrate Marilee's birthday. The girls made me feel quite welcome. Maureen and I left for Santa Barbara after lunch and after a stop at the local Deseret Bookstore. We also paid brief visits with our kids in Simi Valley on our way home. It was a very nice weekend!

4 comments:
I'm stunned. Mom didn;t buy any cookware?
In fact, Mom threatened all kinds of bad things if I even thought about buying.
I have two things to say:
1. Too many sales tactics with the cookware.
2. DAVY, DAAAAAVY CROCKET...
We loved seeing you! See the fruits of your labors in bringing us some limes on my blog!
Post a Comment