Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Beachside Bliss
I took a folding camp chair and a good book down to the sea shore yesterday afternoon. I seated myself about five yards from the water and let the sound of the surf and the feel of the fresh breeze relax me as I read several chapters and watched a few children play in the waves and some couples, young and old, stroll along the beach, mostly hand in hand or arm in arm. All the time I was there I did not once think about anyone named Obama or Clinton or McCain. I did not worry about Iraq or Iran. I did not ponder the sub-prime lending mess, or the declining housing market, or crumbling consumer confidence. I didn't even care that some idiot in the Air Force accidently shipped four cases of nuclear detonators to the Republic of China. Today I may worry about those things, but not yesterday, in my folding camp chair and a good book down at the sea shore. No way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i love it! sounds like a perfect day!
ahhhhh... that sounds soo great to me!
Post a Comment