I walked my hillside half acre today with my little camera. I was enchanted by the tall green grass, the clover and the lemon flower. And then I came upon my plum tree. A week ago it was a stark silhouette against the sunset. Today its branches are filled with blossoms, a promise of delicious fruit in a few months from now. My tree will need pruning, however, if I want a bounteous harvest. I think I will prune my tree next week, however, because this week I want to enjoy all the blossoms.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Spring is Just Around the Corner
I walked my hillside half acre today with my little camera. I was enchanted by the tall green grass, the clover and the lemon flower. And then I came upon my plum tree. A week ago it was a stark silhouette against the sunset. Today its branches are filled with blossoms, a promise of delicious fruit in a few months from now. My tree will need pruning, however, if I want a bounteous harvest. I think I will prune my tree next week, however, because this week I want to enjoy all the blossoms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You really are a poet! The picture is beautiful to match the words.
Did someone log in as us? Because I don't thing Larry & Maureen saud that.
woops! I must have been on editing and made a comment without thinking. It was me!!
Post a Comment