Monday, April 7, 2008

I Like Grits!

I really do! I like them more than Cream of Wheat. I like them more than Quaker Oats. I like them more (but not much more) than steel-cut oats. I cook my grits with raisins, brown sugar and a generous slather of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter." I usually do not add milk. I always make two servings. That is because if Brian Steck happened to be in the neighborhood, I would share my grits with him. But he's usually not in the neighborhood, so I eat both servings myself.  As you can see, this morning I added a sausage patty, some canned pear slices and fresh-squeezed orange juice. It was delicious! And to add to the eye appeal, I served my breakfast in Maureen's Portmerion China that she purchased in The Potteries.

5 comments:

Sara said...

good to know...do you like the slow cook kind? My husband enjoys eating his grits in a savoryfashion...withe scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, and butter stirred in...oh and pepper.

Sara said...

i hate that i can't fix typos in my comments!

Rachel said...

I am not a grit fan but I do love cream of wheat and steel cut oats. 2 of my favorites.

Larry said...

Rachel ... the next time I'm our your way, you will become a grits fan!

Brian said...

Grits... mmmmmmm... THE BEST.

I really do like them like Sara described, but I also like them with just butter and pepper.