Wednesday, April 16, 2008

$55 a Tank - No Kidding

Today we filled up the Avalon. The gas gauge had been in the red zone for several miles so it took 14.6 gallons to top off the tank. The tab was $55.71. I could hardly believe it, but it was true. More than $50 ... a half a hundred. As if to assuage my astonishment, there was a small note printed on the bottom of the receipt stating, "You saved $0.03 per gallon." I think that is because we are full-fledged members of Vons' Club, whatever that is. I have never been to a meeting of this so-called club, paid any dues or elected any officers, or anything like that, but, Gosh! today I saved the tidy sum of forty-three cents. I feel so much better.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok I am going to start looking into plane tickets for May. Yikes!

Brian said...

it keeps going up and we keep paying it!