I have seen and passed up King Crab on many menus in my day, but today was different. I didn't know that I really even liked King Crab Legs, but when Maureen and I dropped in at the local Enterprise Fish Company for a late lunch and noticed that they were today's special, I decided to be adventurous: One and a half pounds for $30. I asked our server if Maureen and I could share an order. She said we could. That brought the cost of our lunch to $15 each ... not as winceable as $30 apiece. Soon a very large platter arrived at our table, bigger than the one in the picture here, laden to overflowing with huge crab legs, a bowl of cole slaw and a cup of drawn butter. We got bibs, extra large napkins, two shell cracking tools and tiny forks. What a delight! (I'd have said 'gastronomical' delight, but I don't know how to spell it.) The meal took us an hour to eat. Every bite was scrumptious. I am indebted to my wife for her spur-of-the-moment suggestion that we do the EFC before our SBCC class. Thanks, Mo!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I Also Like Crab Legs
I have seen and passed up King Crab on many menus in my day, but today was different. I didn't know that I really even liked King Crab Legs, but when Maureen and I dropped in at the local Enterprise Fish Company for a late lunch and noticed that they were today's special, I decided to be adventurous: One and a half pounds for $30. I asked our server if Maureen and I could share an order. She said we could. That brought the cost of our lunch to $15 each ... not as winceable as $30 apiece. Soon a very large platter arrived at our table, bigger than the one in the picture here, laden to overflowing with huge crab legs, a bowl of cole slaw and a cup of drawn butter. We got bibs, extra large napkins, two shell cracking tools and tiny forks. What a delight! (I'd have said 'gastronomical' delight, but I don't know how to spell it.) The meal took us an hour to eat. Every bite was scrumptious. I am indebted to my wife for her spur-of-the-moment suggestion that we do the EFC before our SBCC class. Thanks, Mo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I LOVE crab legs. I just hate digging them out. But oh so worth it!
Dad,
I think you should change your blog title to "Food I Like"...you are so cute!
Sara has a point. I like the simplicity of "parent's Page" but a more fitting title might be "Septuagenarian's Delight." Well, almost.
I'm having crab tonight for dinner. Mmmmmmm!
Post a Comment