Monday, June 1, 2009

Much Ado About Something


Whoever said retirement means rest and leisure was never retired. I have been "retired" for five years (yep, since June 2004) and my weekly "To Do" lists still fill most of a page. My electronic version on Google will only allow me to list 13 items, so I have reverted to pen and paper and a clipboard that I carry around the house and yard. I made this list three days ago. I have completed 14 of the 32 chores, tasks and projects all begging to be done. (Only one of these was penciled in by my spouse!, the rest are mine.) The marvelous thing is that I walked around our property yesterday and found seven more jobs ... but I didn't have my clipboard, so they are still in my head, awaiting memorialization or something like that. It is great to be busy. But it is also great not to have to report for work at a certain time at a certain place. It is nice to have a small amount of discretion as to when things have to be done! I like being retired!

1 comment:

Amy Foote said...

I must get my ever-constant list making from my pop.