Just call me Mr. Olivander of Diagon Alley.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Wand for Averey Michelle (Hermione) Foote
A few weeks ago our nine year-old granddaughter Averey visited us, along with her Dad and Mom, sisters and brother. During our Family Home Evening I gave her a small plastic baton to use while she led us in singing our opening and closing songs. The baton had been used by her grandmother a long time ago in a hymnology class at Brigham Young University. A couple of days later, Averey asked if I would make a wand for her. She didn't want to lead music with it ... she wanted to cast spells! She and her brother were playing "Harry Potter." I agreed. It took me several days to find an appropriate piece of vine wood, but I did, attached to the pepper tree in our back yard. I stripped the wood of its green bark, sanded and sealed it, and applied several coats of dark stain and protective varnish. The core is made of dragon heart strings, so it ought to work:


Just call me Mr. Olivander of Diagon Alley.
Just call me Mr. Olivander of Diagon Alley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I can think of three kids who would love that for a Christmas gift!!
YOU are the GREATEST grandpa EVER!
That is amazing! I got a whittled wand from a Harry Potter birthday party I worked at once... I probably still have it somewhere.
that is one fabuloso wand!
SHE LOVES IT! she also weaseled in a show in tell in class at school to show it off!!
I am also impressed with the cool box!
Post a Comment