Yesterday my sweetheart and I drove up the San Marcos Pass Road on our way to the Santa Ynez Valley to see what we had been told was a profusion of spring wild flowers. We were disappointed in the flowers there ... there are more here than there, but we did stop at a vista point overlooking Lake Cachuma and ate a picnic lunch Maureen had packed. After the recent rains, the lake is full to the brim and is a beautiful site to behold. When the weather warms a bit, I am going back for a day of fishing. While there I startled four deer and took aother picture of one dear (with her cane).
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Visiting the Lake District
Yesterday my sweetheart and I drove up the San Marcos Pass Road on our way to the Santa Ynez Valley to see what we had been told was a profusion of spring wild flowers. We were disappointed in the flowers there ... there are more here than there, but we did stop at a vista point overlooking Lake Cachuma and ate a picnic lunch Maureen had packed. After the recent rains, the lake is full to the brim and is a beautiful site to behold. When the weather warms a bit, I am going back for a day of fishing. While there I startled four deer and took aother picture of one dear (with her cane).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
how fun! I bet I know some grandchildren who might want to fish with you. : )
another cute hat! sounds like a lovely afternoon.
you are the cutest old people i know
this post makes me happy.
Post a Comment