Saturday, March 14, 2009

An Angel in the House

I was awakened this morning by an insistent, but gentle tugging on my elbow. I opened one sleepy eye and beheld the smiling face of a small, almost six year-old angel, urging her grandpa to wake up and play with her. It was Jenna Kay Murphy, who had come to our house yesterday with two other cousins, Clara and Olivia Hixon, to stay a few days with us this week while Clara and Olivia's mom is in Texas attending a wedding. I tried to explain to Jenna that I wanted to return to my dream (a ploy to linger in bed longer), but my protest availed me nothing. Oh, well ... by now both eyes were open and I could see that it was a beautiful day. Thanks to my Jenna for helping me enjoy it.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Thanks for making my daughter feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. As I knew she would, she had a great time!