Friday, February 20, 2009

I Finally Like Pizza!


Okay ... for all my life until two days ago I have not particularly liked pizza. I never saw the point of stuffing one's face with burnt bread slathered with cheese and marinara sauce. And I detested pepperoni.  Something strange happened earlier this week. I began thinking about a slice of pizza. Not just any slice, but one with sausage and ham and pepperoni, and bell peppers and sliced olives and onions and three kinds of cheese! The more I thought about it, the more my body began to yen for this slice of pizza. What was happening? This was absurd, but very pervasive.  So, later that evening, as Maureen and I completed some errands, I suggested we go out to dinner. She agreed. I found myself saying, "Let's go to Luigi's!" She agreed! And I ordered a whole medium combination, everything on it, pizza. And it was delicious. I like pizza. But I will never, ever like potato chips or peanuts!

5 comments:

Sara said...

i knew about the pizza and potato chips, but i did not know about the peanuts! learn something new everyday!

ahixon said...

Congratulations!

BTW, I don't think I ever knew you don't like peanuts.

Heather said...

I have never known anyone who didn't like pizza, peanuts and potato chips. This may explain why you stay in great shape.

Amy Foote said...

I didn't know about the peanuts either, but maybe it makes sense. You eat SO much peanut butter you don't have any hankerings for peanuts.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a task for Sam I am!